Monday, September 6, 2010

Looking for Inspiration and a Good Nudge



Merry Meet Friends,
First I would like to say, my main reason for this blog is partly to get back into Spirit. Something I have, unfortunately, moved away from, progressively over the past 1-2 years. Life got in the way and it crept in and masked my senses to what I have always regarded as central to my being; my spirituality. My beliefs have and always will remain the same but I have felt lost, scattered, unfocused and short tempered, to only name a few, over the past couple of years. So, here I am, trying to re-kindle that Spirit that is my flame, get inspired by my fellow pagans and bring more balance to my life, that in turn, brings balance to all around me; my family, my household and Great Nature herself.


Last night, I thought I would lull myself off to sleep with a stack of dusty books, well-hidden beneath my nightstand from um, possible family visits. Non-believing family, that is. Dusty books with a wealth of life-giving inspiration just screaming at me to pick them up for too many moons to count. Last night, I did just that. I knew it was right. It was time...and as for 'lulling off to sleep', ha! They excited me, had me thinking thoughts I hadn't thought of in years; vegetable gardens, Sacred Space, raised flower beds, meditating, clothes drying lines, grounding and focusing and just being more aware, even decorating! Yeah, there's a bit of the witchy Martha Stewart in me.


So, today, I wake up to a much cooler day here in the mountains. One that whispers of Autumn. That, in itself gives me inspiration. Autumn is my time on the wheel. The time of the year this happy, gentle, whimsical soul came to be. The time of the year I chose for my year and a day to begin and end. The time of the year I gave birth to my own little Libra Goddess nearly 21 years ago. My Scorpio husband is also an Autumn baby. My beloved Mabon and Samhain take place and not to mention the colder temps, crisp apples, cherubic pumpkins, winds and whirling leaves that add to the magic of the season. It's time...

Time to be inspired, as I was saying. I woke up this morning with a purpose, a meaning, a focus, a flame. Well, to be honest, a small spark but it's such a different direction I had been on, it feels like a bonfire. A bonfire of inspiration :)
My other reason for the blog, was to not only get inspired, but hopefully I will inspire anyone else who feels the way I had; mentally listless, becoming unaware, becoming hardened and jaded and the list goes on.
Hopefully, I can also pick up some great gardening tips while on my new blog :) Although I have a natural green thumb, I have been presented with a new challenge; our new house (of 3 months) seems to have nutrient depleted soil and plenty of gophers and chipmunks that loooove to munch on anything I have tried to seed. I have ONE lonely sunflower and foxglove left of everything I planted. I tell ya, that sunflower is the most well-protected plant you've ever seen with it's netting and wires! But my green thumb is no match for the critters and soil problems. Raised garden beds is what I'm looking at. I need a little skill, a little info and a lot of blessings to get this thing going...but I have time. As Autumn looks like she'll be here soon, I'm only in the planning stage.
Well, thank you for reading my bit of rant, I look forward to returning each time with more inspiration, given and recieved :)
Blessings,
Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment